Friday 25 September 2015

On Fear

I have been thinking about fear as I feel it right now. Yeah, I have gone geeky/ mature/ full psycholgy masters on it. 

I realised fear is not about the moment itself that you fear. It is about the anticipation of the moment, the unknown of it. 

If you have a fear of needles like I do, then it will be before you take the actual injection that you will be the most afraid. Because you don't know what the pain is going to be like. Once you've taken the shot you pretty much know that those kinds of injections only hurt so much. 

So when I need to address my fear of needles, I think of how the previous times have not been so painful, and even if it hurts more than that, I can take so much more pain than what it could be. It gives me peace. And insight into the fact that fear is of the anticipation and not the moment itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment