Saturday 27 July 2013

Aha Moments that Inspire

So, I was just sitting down for work when I started by checking my emails and I came across this random Indiblogger email about submitting my entry for the Idea Caravan contest of Franklin Templeton Investments partnered the TEDxGateway Mumbai in December 2012. I have been getting these reminder emails for more than a month and I have been deleting them without opening them. Today, I said wait, let's see what it is about... and it's two hours later, my work is yet to start, but I am typing away at my keyboard, putting this post up. 

Having done my MBA, I have gone through lots of case studies of how empires and conglomerates have been built. In an MBA, you never really study about the real social issues and needs or what is being done about them (if there really is). Of course there are well-publicised examples  you come across like the Grameen Bank, but again these are few. At the end of the day, you are taught, the bottom line is the 'bottom-line'. But today was a good look into people who are solving the very real needs of society and communities. A much more educational experience than some of my MBA lectures. 


Mittal Patel


I listen to her story and I see a real life hero. A very important thing I noticed is that she is not just focussing on just one problem, but all possible problems of invisible, unknown and undocumented tribes.


Arunachalam Muruganatham 


A man whose story should be an inspiration for the feminism of today. His simplicity: humbling, his personal life story: saddening and yet his work: mindblowing. 


Cynthyia Koenig


Her idea is so simple and so brilliant, it reminds me of the Newton story. Everyone used to see things falling towards the earth and not away from it, but it was only Newton who spoke of gravity. Similarly, everyone has seen wheels and put them to various uses; and yet...


Suprio Das


There are ideas that can change lives, and there are ideas that can save them. This one does both.


Myshkin Ingawale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZrxaxNTxdCI

A technology that helps 'democratise healthcare'... big words, bigger ideas!


Each thought I have written about here is worth a standing ovation.  I am touched. And indeed, I am inspired.




No comments:

Post a Comment